Welcome to Beech Class and Term 2 of Year 3!
We hope that everyone had a lovely half term break and is looking to the term ahead!
Our enquiry heading this term is ‘Why was the River Nile important’. We will continue to consider the topic of Egypt throughout our learning, with more of a geographical focus in most subjects.
We will be discovering many things, including:
- Visiting Bristol Museum.
- Using maps to locate and examine where Egypt and the River Nile are located.
- Examining what effects the River Nile had on life in Ancient Egypt.
- Exploring the pros and cons of the Aswan Dam.
- Creating Egyptian style masks.
- Blogging about our learning.
For further detail on the curriculum areas covered this term, see our Topic Web.
This term Year 3 will continue their swimming lessons at Easton Leisure Centre every Thursday afternoon. The children will need to bring their swimwear, a towel and goggles (if they require them). Floats are provided at the pool. Girls will need to wear a one piece swimming costume and boys’ shorts must not be below the knee.
Mrs Richards and Mrs Barry